This spring harvest bowl is simple, clean and incredibly fresh. Best paired with homemade hummus and plenty of squeezed lemon juice. The tart citrus cuts through the earthy sweet potato and bitter kale. Chopped dill and crunchy roasted mushrooms are a perfect topping.
This nutrient-dense bowl is sure to please any hippy and non-hippy alike. The quinoa and chickpeas pack in a hearty 28g of protein and 26g of fibre to keep you feeling satisfied.
- 1 sweet potato, roasted
- 4 carrots, largely sliced
- 1 zucchini, largely sliced
- 2 cups oyster (or any variety) mushrooms, largely chopped
- 2 tsp EVOO
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 small or half a large cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup hummus
- lemon wedges, roasted chickpeas
- Set oven to 420°F and poke sweet potato with a fork. Put the sweet potato in the oven for 15 minutes while you slice the vegetables and toss them in oil, salt and pepper.
- Place veggies and mushrooms on a baking sheet and place in oven, Rotate potato. Cook 30 minutes, flipping vegetables halfway through.
- Roast kale in a saucepan on high heat for a few minutes. Place in a bowl with quinoa. Top with scooped sweet potato, roasted veggies, fresh cucumber and hummus.
- Garnish with lemon and roasted chickpeas.